OLD EAST STONEHOUSE
Webpage created: May 14, 2020
Webpage updated: May 14, 2020
|OLD EAST STONEHOUSE.UK|
CAPITAL AND COUNTIES BANKING COMPANY
The Capital and Counties Banking Company, which had been founded in 1834, had been established at Devonport since 1891.
Between then and 1897 they opened a branch in Plymouth and subsequently they acquired the premises at 28 Chapel Street, East Stonehouse, that had formerly been occupied by the Cornish Bank.
The East Stonehouse branch was closed down in 1916. and the Capital and Counties Banking Company were absorbed by Lloyd's Bank in 1918.