OLD EAST STONEHOUSE
Webpage created: December 02, 2018
Webpage updated: December 02, 2018
|OLD EAST STONEHOUSE.UK|
ROYAL MARINE SCHOOL
The Royal Marine School was located in the building previously known as The Long Room, at the Royal Marine Barracks, East Stonehouse, Plymouth.
It was founded in 1882 for the free education of the children of non-commissioned officers and men of the Royal Marines and auxiliary forces, as well as marine pensioners, and was paid for entirely by the Admiralty.
Mr Francis Westaway was the master in charge in 1897.
In 1902 there were 434 boys and girls attending the School.
The Royal marine School School closed down on December 19th 1921.