OLD EAST STONEHOUSE . UK
www.oldeaststonehouse.uk
 

  Brian Moseley, Plymouth
Webpage created: April 05, 2021
Webpage updated: April 05, 2021

 
OLD EAST STONEHOUSE.UK

-

SAINT PAUL'S NATIONAL SCHOOL

Saint Paul's National School was opened in 1872 and could accommodate 220 children.  After enlargement in 1891 the School could accommodate 269 children.

In 1889 Miss Ann Wilson was the mistress.  The average attendance then was 158 children.

Miss Wilson married Mr William Alexander Herlihy, of HMS "Cambridge" at the Anglican Church of Saint Paul on November 29th 1891 and thus the mistress in 1902 was a Mrs Herlihy.

Following the adoption of the Education Act 1902 on June 1st 1903, the School became a "Non-provided" School under the Devon County Local Education Authority, possibly known as the Saint Paul's Church of England Elementary School.